As the seasons change we anticipate different needs.
Now in Melbourne, the sun sets earlier, warm clothes and coats come out, we crave different types of food and drinks and our energy shifts a little to make room for more cosy inside catch ups and activities.
Unfortunately this can also be the time of year that we tend to end up with more sick days and boxes of tissues as well, so
I thought I’d share these top 10 ways I incorporate doTERRA Essential oils into my wellness routine to stay well over winter:
- Stock up and take recommend amounts of the Lifelong vitality Supplement program. This is doterra’s No 1 selling product. There is a reason. I can physically feel a difference if I skip these and know they’re helping me to feel energised, vital and healthier.
- Aromatically dress (dip dip, rub rub) daily using this, or another supportive combo of 20ml fractionated coconut oil, 2 x frankincense essential oil, 2 drops green mandarin essential oil and 2 drops lavender essential oil for a protective, uplifting nourishing moisturiser after a warm shower.
- Add 1-2 drops of lemon essential oil and 1/2 tea spoon of honey to a warm water and drink like tea at the very beginning of the day to support your digestive health.
- Carry the On Guard Sanitising Mist everywhere you go, use it and share it with others to prevent the spread of infections
- I like to cook a roast chicken at the beginning of the week (guess what was on our menu last night hehe) and then make a bone broth with the left overs to drink or add to recipes throughout the week. Adding a drop of tumericessential oil has made for a yummy supercharge to its goodness.
- Make up a 10ml roller bottle with this tried and tested immune support blendthat you can offer the while family if and when the tissue box and easy air needs to come out; 2 x frankincense, tea tree, oregano, lemon and on guard, then fill with fractionated coconut oil and rub over the soles of your feet (then pop socks on) 2-3 times a day as long as needed.
- Clear your airways and any head tension with a tablespoon of fractionated coconut oil in your hand and 1 drop of easy air rubbed across your chest and under your nose (as tolerated).
- Set up the diffuser with warming and uplifting blends like forgive, motivate, citrus bliss and balance with lemongrass.
- Use Lavender oil and Rose Touch oil or Magnolia Touch oil with your moisturizer to soothe, moisturize, and ease occasional irritation and dryness, bringing back a balance of moisture to your skin. Together Lavender and Rose Touch oils can be especially useful for soothing chapped knuckles, elbows and knees.
- Fill up your key ring and take the goodness and support with you so you touch and support yourself or others when you catch up away from home. Make sure you have Lavender, Easy Air and On guard – they’re your must haves.